Monday, August 15, 2005

Why I prefer to buy movies instead of renting...

...because then I can watch them over and over when I'm home sick from work, learning some of my favorite lines to quote in everyday speech.

Since I'm stuck in bed all day today, let's turn it into a game, just for fun. Here are some movie quotes that have recently amused me. Try to guess the character and the movie (leave your guesses in the comments). I'll provide the answers in a later post. Bon chance!

  1. "...the double negative has led to proof positive. I'm afraid you gave yourself away." (1985)
  2. "I just don't think that Brooke could've done this. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't kill their husbands. They just don't." (2001)
  3. "NOW it was serious. A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a 'triple dare ya'? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare." (1983)
  4. "Hello Peter, what's happening?...I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday..." (1999)
  5. "I'll have what she's having." (1989)
  6. "You need to find yourself a girl, mate. Or perhaps the reason you practice three hours a day is that you already found one, and are otherwise incapable of wooing said strumpet. You're not a eunuch, are you?" (2003)
  7. "People say 'oh, but he's so much older than you' and you know what, I'm the one having to push him away. We have so much in common, we both love soup and snow peas, we love the outdoors, and talking and not talking. We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about." (2000)
  8. "In case I forget to tell you later, I had a really good time tonight." (1990)
  9. "The things I'm gonna do for my country." (2002)
  10. "Aunt Clara had for years not only perpetually labored under the delusion that I was 4 years old, but also a girl." (1983)
  11. "Daddy's a litigator. Those are the scariest kind of lawyer. Even Lucy, our maid, is terrified of him. And daddy's so good he gets $500 an hour to fight with people. But he fights with me for free because I'm his daughter." (1995)
  12. "...they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire..." (1999)
  13. "The rules of hair care are simple and finite. Any Cosmo girl would have known." (2001)
  14. "I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically." (2003)
  15. "...I got her number. How do you like them apples?" (1997)
  16. "They all did it. But if you wanna know who killed Mr. Boddy, I did. In the hall. With the revolver. All right, Chief, take'em away. I'm gonna go home and sleep with my wife." (1985)

4 comments:

Montezuma's Revenge said...

4- "Office Space", Bill Lumberg
5- "When Harry Met Sally", Old Lady
12-"Office Space", Milton
15- "Good Will Hunting", Will

Feel better

Carl Spackler said...

montezuma cheated...he did a google search on all of these.

nicole...are you dating anyone?

Montezuma's Revenge said...

I wouldnt cheat. Office Space and Good Will Hunting are two of my favorite fims and the cafe scene with Meg Ryan in WHMS is famous. The others I am lost on.

Emily said...

Ok, I may have just prooved to myself and the world that I watch too many movies (is there even suchy a thing?!)

1. Clue (I only know this because it's your favorite movie)
2. Legally Blonde
3. A Christmas Story
4. Office Space
5. When Harry Met Sally
6. Princess Bride
7. I have no idea
8. Pretty Woman
9. No idea
10. A Christmas Story
11. Clueless
12. Office Space
13. Legally Blonde
14. Not sure -- but it sounds familiar... and funny
15. Good Will Hunting
16. Clue

read 'em and weep