I woke up early the next day so I could look my best for you. I mean, for the event. ;-) And, as fate (read: Emily) would have it, my responsibility during the event was logistics. Which meant that I was to spend most of the day with the vendors, including you. I found you so intriguing. Our conversations were so easy and entertaining. I don't know if you noticed, but I went out of my way to spend extra time with you, to talk with you more, to flirt as subtly as I could manage, to do little things for you to make you remember me (I know you'll never forget the Peanut M&Ms). But I was not confident enough to say anything to you when we parted that afternoon. Plus, there was that whole vendor-client thing.
Over the next week, you popped into my head many times. Finally, following a pep talk by a couple of friends, I mustered up the courage to call you. I had been hanging on to the event file at my desk, because it had your cell phone number. You know, in case of emergencies. Or in case I wanted to ask you out, something I had never done before. After practicing what I would say, I nervously called you, praying that you would at least remember me. Even if you were already taken.
And I'm so glad I did call you. And that you remembered me. And that you were interested. And single. (Or, so you said. But I'm glad you stopped seeing that other girl when I called.) And since then we've had so many good times and made so many memories:
- Fantastic Diamond 2005
- Meeting your parents on my birthday
- Labor Day weekend in Las Vegas with Mark and Johnna
- Cabin weekend in Lake Arrowhead with my work girls
- Meeting my family at my sister's wedding
- Your Halloween costume party
- Thanksgiving with your family in Sunriver
- Our first Christmas together
- New Year's Eve at my gig (you're such a good sport, and I love that you're my biggest fan!)
- A very romantic Valentine's Day at Pane e Vino
- Spa weekend and wine tasting in Paso Robles
- Skiing and playing house in Sunriver
- Jen and Jason's wedding weekend in Palm Springs
- Memorial Day weekend at Joel's Santa Barbara house with Aaron and Whitney
- Your birthday weekend in Portland
- Our crazy fourth of July weekend in both Las Vegas and Lake Arrowhead (and the incident in the middle of the desert which I would rather forget!)
- Fantastic Diamond 2006
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat with Emily and Mark
- And, of course, all the laughter you bring to my life that make even the day-to-day things seem special
I love you!