Thursday, June 02, 2005

An Interview With My Favorite Celebrity

I simply couldn't resist playing, now that the "about me" questions have inevitably evolved from email to blog. And so, for your reading pleasure, my responses to the interview questions posed by my favorite celebrity:

1. Name your favorite 80's teen icon.
Ah, the 80s -- so full of iconic teens, many of whom unknowingly found their way onto the walls of my peach-and-mint-green-adorned bedroom. With so many worthy candidates, I think it's only fair to crown a king and queen in this category. And the winners are...

King: Kirk Cameron
Queen: Elisabeth Shue

2. If you were a boy, what were your parents going to name you?
I'm not sure my parents even considered such a notion. Based on logic alone, it would seem to be a toss-up between the masculine form of my name, Nicholas, and my first brother's name, Richard. But I'd hope that it would have been something more interesting, like Jean-Pierre.

3. If today were groundhog's day (like the Bill Murray movie) what would you have done differently, knowing that you could re-do it tomorrow?
I'd have blown off work, rescued M from the prison that his office has lately become, and spent some quality time together, something that has been regrettably difficult to do these last few weeks. We'd enjoy lunch and a nap while soaking up some sun at the beach, then head to my all-time favorite amusement park for some rollercoaster-riding fun. Then we'd have a lovely dinner, discussing over a bottle of wine how great it is that we can wake up tomorrow and still have jobs, despite this little escapade, and then we'd catch a show -- maybe at the comedy club, maybe a concert, or maybe a musical. We'd end the day with a rematch of Trivial Pursuit. And this time, I'd win because it's my groundhog's day, dammit!

4. If your name no longer contained letters, only numbers, what would you go by?
512153914... 3914 for short... bonus points for anyone who can figure out the super-difficult secret code without the help of your decoder ring.

5. What's the worst lie you ever told and got caught for? - I won't make you "out" yourself on a lie that no one's discovered.
Not unlike most teenagers, I thought I was so much cleverer than my parents. My girlfriends and I created a chain of lies that was clearly unbreakable, because, after all, our parents were complete fools, right?! I was sleeping at Kara's... Kara was sleeping at Wendy's... Wendy at Kathy's... Kathy at Jannell's... Jannell at Sam's... Sam at Melissa's... Melissa at Kristine's... and Kristine at my house. (Are you amazed at the genius of our young minds?!) Problem was, it was prom night. And we, of course, were all going to a hotel party after the dance. In the morning, we awoke to an irate phone call from my father. Which parents broke our unbreakable chain of lies, I'll never know. But I'll never forget the look in my father's eyes when my boyfriend dropped me off that morning -- a combination of fierce anger and severe disappointment. I've not lied to him since.

_____________________________________
Want to play?
The Official Interview Game Rules:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions -- each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Totally great king and queen of 80s teen fame. I can't agree more about Kirk Cameron. I had a huge poster of him and would kiss him every night before I went to bed. I also MAY have taken "him" to Christmas dinner at my grandparents house... That may make me certifiably insane. My poor mother somehow made it through those years of early adolescence.

As for your name code -- the only thing I can think is that it's your social security number... right? If so, you really shouldn't post that on the internet :)

Nicole Kelley said...

I didn't even realize that my name-in-numbers code was nine digits. How very unknowingly tricky I am!

Let me assure you, dear celebrity friend of mine, that, having spearheaded a campaign on identity theft when I was but an intern at our lovely place of employ, I would never be so foolish as to post my social security number on the internet.

And let that be a notice to all you hackers of blogland... don't even try, 'cause it won't work and I will catch you!